The beginner’s pattern making kit includes:
- Softcover Book: Footwear Pattern Making and Last Design by Wade Motawi
- Pair of shoe lasts: you choose your shoe size, SNF-1 last
- Shoe makers measuring tape: 24in – 60cm
- Cut-paper shoe pattern: the exact pattern shown in the book
Follow the step-by-step process to make your own footwear patterns at home.
This matched set is perfect for your DIY pattern-making and home shoemaking projects.
Together, the proven SNF-1 sneaker last and our classic rubber cupsole unit are a great choice for making casual-style shoes.
Based on the classic “Vans” styling, the SNF-1 last instep is suitable for low-cut, mid-cut, and high-top patterns. This shoe last also works for slip-on and lace-up style shoes.
- The SNF-1 last allows for a sleek vamp and toebox yet it’s accommodatingly wide in the midfoot
- The SNF-1 last features a defined feather edge (suitable for both hand-lasting and Strobel-lasting shoe constructions)
- The hinge allows for easy removal without damaging your shoes
- The classic cupsole unit has a high sidewall for bonding
- The rubber egg-crate midsole provides cushioning and reduces weight
- The modeled sidewall groove allows for a secure stitch-down attachment
The perfect shoe last for your DIY shoemaking projects.
Based on the classic “Vans” styling, the SNF-1 last is a great choice for making casual-style shoes. The last instep is suitable for low-cut, mid-cut, and high-top patterns. This shoe last also works for slip-on and lace-up style shoes.
- Sleek vamp and toebox
- Accommodatingly wide
- Features a defined feather edge (suitable for both hand-lasting and Strobel lasting shoe constructions).
- Hinged for easy removal without damaging your shoes.
- 5mm drop
Matching rubber outsoles are Available Here.
Make sure your materials are to spec with this handy material measuring gauge. Great for checking leathers and synthetic materials. Features adjustable dial to zero out and locking screw. Manual operation, no batteries to wear out. Plastic case with foam padding included.
USA Shipping – Free / International Shipping-$9.00 USD.
Designed specifically for measuring shoe lasts this 24 inch tape features a durable fabric reinforced non-stretch construction. Printed on both sides this tape is marked with centimeters, inches, english sizes and stitch count. Steel grommet for hanging. Made in Germany.
This is a real factory outsole blueprint and cut paper pattern. As seen in the books “How Shoes are Made” and “Footwear Pattern Making and Last Design”, Both the pattern and blue print are from the Arris shoe project. With these in your hands, you see exactly what the factory needs to make a shoe design into a real shoe. Perfect for teachers, students and anyone that wants to learn more about shoes.
The creation of the pattern is detailed step by step in the book “Footwear Pattern Making and Last Design”.
This shoe specification drawing pack is all you need to get started detailing your own shoe designs. This pack contains a technical specification drawing for a fully detailed shoe design, ready for your creative touch. Upper views, outsole designs, material specs, colors. This is how a pro prepares a shoe design for the factory. This 8 page drawing set is in Adobe .pdf format and Adobe Illustrator .ai live vector file.
You can make your own shoe last! This last is great for your DIY sneaker projects. The last has a standard outline with a well curved arch, plenty of toe space and is relatively thick on the lateral side so its fit is accommodating. Heel lift is 6mm and the toe spring is 8mm.